My job allows me to meet and chat with some amazing creatives! Recently we spoke to Andrew from Transtudios about how he got into the wedding industry and what tips he might have for future brides! Read it all below.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and Transtudios…
I’m an alumni from the Academy of Film, Theatre and Television in Sydney and I’ve been capturing and editing weddings for 10 years and counting! TranStudios is based in Sydney and I started it back in 2015. We specialise in wedding photography and video and have an easy going, natural and candid approach to each job.
2. What’s the best thing about your job?
Hands down the best thing about this job is that we have unlimited creative control on the wedding day, especially for the location shoot after the bride and groom. Many poses can be replicated but every wedding is different and therefore photos and video will always look unique to the couple.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
It’s candid, unobtrusive and timeless. We believe it’s the best way for a wedding to be captured so that when you look back at your wedding day, you had no idea that these hidden moments were captured! (Aside from the obligatory group photos!)
4. What are two things Brides can do to make your job easier on the day?
1) Let us handle the creative side of things. Don’t stress over the smaller things on the morning of your day because we’ll hang you dress and gowns up, style your accessories and help the boys struggling with their bowties & corsages. 😉 We’ve got it handled.
2) Try and avoid looking at the camera on the day unless we tell you to! (This goes with the bridal party as well!)
5. What’s your ideal couple?
They’d have to be romantic and fun! If they can handle a few jokes, everything is sweet! :p
6. What’s one tip you’d love to give to future brides?
Relax, take it as it comes on the wedding day and bring along a pair of comfortable footwear because ladies, your feet will be sore from all that walking we’re going to do!
If you like what you’re seeing and want to book Andrew, check out his details below.